We will help reduce the stress of buying your first home. A good starting point is to understand the process for a typical first time buyer. Buying your first home can seem like a daunting process, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the process. We’ve put together a brief overview of what a typical first time buyer application looks like with us:
• Contact us and arrange your first meeting.
• Come in and have a chat with us about what you’re looking to do. Make sure you have everything you need with you for the meeting by reading our ‘Be prepared’ guide.
• We will then carry out thorough research across all the lenders (more than 100) in order to find you the best deal for your situation. We will get in touch once we’ve found something that’s just right for you and talk you through the deal.
• Once you’re happy with the deal, we will obtain a ‘Decision in Principle’ from the lender. This will give you the confidence to start house hunting knowing that you should be able to secure a mortgage when you find the property you want..
• Once you’ve found your property we will take your Decision in Principle and turn it into a Full Mortgage Application.
• We will keep you regularly updated on the progress of your application and let you know when your mortgage has been offered. This will allow you to conclude missives and agree a completion date for your new home.
• Once you have the lending sorted we want to make sure that you are not at risk of losing your new home further down the line. We will look at what you have in place to maintain mortgage payments due to ill health, critical illness or death.
• Finally, once your current deal is about to expire we’ll get in touch to discuss your future options.